- 13-Nov-2012 to 26-Jan-2013 (CST)
- Irving , TX, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: Provide process design, technical analysis and resolution of engineering problems. Provide direction and coordination of a team of engineers and designers to successfully complete design of large industrial projects in Refining and Petro-Chemical industries.
Work Schedule: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 8 am – 12:00 pm Friday (minimum).
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Planning – Provide overall planning and direction of all process engineering functions and personnel in accordance with company policy.
• Engineering Standards – Review, approve, and implement all process engineering standards, policies and procedures. Provide interpretations of all external codes, regulations, specifications, etc.
• Estimating Support – Provide technical engineering input as required for estimating and bid proposal requirements.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Must possess superior engineering skills and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines.
• Must have an advanced knowledge of process engineering and design and be familiar with applicable Codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with other engineering disciplines, construction project managers, and clients.
• Must have a proven track record of accomplishment as a lead design engineer on industrial projects and be capable of supervising and directing a team of engineers, designers and support personnel.
• 15 years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial design
• Bachelor or Master's degree in Chemical/Process Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
• Must be licensed as a professional engineer, by exam, in state of residence with the ability to be licensed in multiple states.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)