- 12-Dec-2012 to 22-Jan-2013 (CST)
- Kingsport, TN, USA
- Full Time
General Purpose: To provide site safety leadership, ensure facility compliance with corporate safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with governmental regulations.
Work Schedule: 40+ hours per week which may include weekends. Must have open availability any day of the week.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
• Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture
• Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment
• Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
• Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
• Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
• Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short and long term strategic safety planning and development
• Order and maintain facility safety inventory including supplies and equipment
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Employee Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• 5-7 years of progressive field safety experience
• Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervision
• Strategic thinking and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
• Consultation skills
• Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA)
• Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• This position has direct supervisory responsibility over a department of 1 to 3 employees
• This position is functionally responsible for the manner in which work is performed by all facility employees
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The overall nature of the position requires constant light physical exertion with minimal physical effort frequently required. There is constant exposure to environmental noises and hazards, frequent exposure to extreme cold, extreme heat, temperature changes and wet conditions, and occasional exposure to humidity and other atmospheric conditions.
• The constant physical demands of the position are talking and hearing.
• The frequent physical demands of the position are repetitive hand motions.
• The occasional physical demands of the position are standing, walking, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
• Occasional travel (over-the-road and air) is required
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employees must use hard hats, eye protection (ANSI Z87), hearing protection (where required), safety-toe protective footwear (ANSI Z41) and gloves as required by industry/construction safety standards or as deemed necessary by Company safety policy and procedure.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!