- 04-Jan-2013 to 29-Jan-2013 (CST)
- Abilene, TX, USA
General Purpose: Obtain contractual insurance requirement (certifications), maintain contracts, assist with state licensing and permitting, and assist legal with general office duties.
Work Schedule: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 8 am – 12:00 pm Friday.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collaborate and communicate internally with insurance carriers
- Process and prepare certificates of insurance tailored to contracts
- Process, prepare, and submit business, state, and government forms, licensing applications and renewals
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material
- Compose business documents for supervisors, managers and professionals including typing and distributing meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials including scanning and making copies of correspondence or other printed material
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars for supervisors
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet
- Coordinate conferences and meetings including making travel arrangements for office personnel
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data
- Contact involved persons to obtain insurance and licensing information
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Employee Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a corporate environment
- Advanced skills in document editing, proofing, and track changes
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Windows 2007
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 or 10
- Telephone etiquette
- General office
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibility
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions
- The constant physical demand of the position is sitting.
- The frequent physical demands of the position are standing, walking, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
- The occasional physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
- This position does not require any travel.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employees must use hard hats, eye protection (ANSI Z87), hearing protection (where required), safety-toe protective footwear (ANSI Z41) and gloves as required by industry/construction safety standards or as deemed necessary by Company safety policy and procedure.
Wage: Up to $15/hr DOE
Other: This is a temp-to-hire position. Selected candidate must complete a 30-day minimum trial period.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)