- 15-Jan-2013 to 03-Feb-2013 (CST)
- Abilene, TX, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: Responsible for overseeing and supervising the payroll and accounts payable functions, reporting and staff.
Work Schedule: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 8 am – 12:00 pm Friday. Work hours may vary base of project demands.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Accurately perform monthly, quarterly, and year ending payroll tax reporting.
• Reconcile payroll liability accounts to obligations due to taxing and benefit payees and the general ledger.
• Interpret and review implementation of rules, codes and regulations associated with the payroll processes.
• Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
• Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
• Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
• Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts/offers.
• Supervise and evaluate performance of personnel involved with payroll and accounts payable. Selects and hires employees for the groups mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance development, and work product. Address performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
• Supervise the daily activities of the accounts payable department from receipt and processing of invoices to completion the of payment cycle.
• Review and approve weekly check processing for appropriate backup documentation and approvals.
• Review of changes to vendor master file to ensure that changes processed by AP personnel are appropriate and are in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
• Monitor payments for freight to insure the charges follow the accounting for the shipped material, particularly when freight is billed separately.
• Coordinate with purchasing in developing policies and procedures governing vendor file setups and processing of purchase orders and receiving documents to achieve efficiencies. Develop and perform checks to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Provide aged vendor reports to aid in cash management.
• Manages AP including Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements.
• Accurately completes 1099 reporting.
• Assist in various senior level accounting duties.
• Assist in other accounting functions as necessary.
• Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable and payroll functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
• Act as a liaison between the Company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
• Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
• Supervision of the 401(k) funding and weekly/bi-weekly reports.
• Coordination of the 401(k) annual audit and filing on the form 5500
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Employee Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Business Administration or related field and five (5) or more years of progressively responsible accounting experience preferably in a multi state construction company.
• Two to four years of management experience.
• Solid understanding of accounting principles and applications.
• Experience and knowledge of payroll processing including tax reporting requirements.
• Understanding of controls needed in purchasing, Inventory and accounts payable/payroll applications.
• Working knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with a substantial accounting software.
• Ability to organize and communicate effectively.
• Good written and oral skills
• Possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively interact with employees in multiple disciplines
• Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• CPA or candidate a plus
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate object
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!