- 22-Jan-2013 to 26-Feb-2013 (CST)
- Abilene, TX, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: Supporting the Project Manager in establishing and maintaining the project plan, schedule, cost controls and change management. Coordinating with the project team, as well as, coordinating all required project management systems so that there will be proper project execution within set parameters established by the contract.
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Project Planning – Assist Project Manager in developing a well thought out plan for managing each project, including schedule, job cost breakdown, work measurement system, invoicing format, and documentation flow.
• Proposal Support – Provide various administrate support to the Proposal Manager on an as needed basis during the proposal stage of a project.
• Project Documentation – Develop and implement a system for the timeliness and accuracy of project documentation, including billings, change requests, information requests, schedule, meetings, transmittals, and work measurement.
• Problem Solving – Assist Project Manager in identifying potential problems such as work interferences, schedule difficulties and contract compliance. Participate in the problem resolution as required.
• Client Interface - Represent the Company and project team during bid process, project scope development, client meetings and project management meetings.
• Quality – Ensure compliance with all quality initiatives and processes.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Employee Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• EPC Concept - Have a full understanding of the flow and logistics needed for the execution of a projects (EPC experience is a plus).
• Organization - Possess the ability to organize large amounts of information into a coherent, meaningful format.
• Forecasting – Must be able to accurately forecast project results through trend analysis.
• 3+ years of formal training combined with field experience.
• Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Engineering Technology or General Business Administration preferred, but may be substituted with technical training and/or experience.
• Understanding of Scheduling Software (preferably Primavera).
• Understanding of Cost Tracking and Accounting functions.
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate object
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!