- 07-Mar-2013 to 06-Jul-2013 (CST)
- Abilene, TX, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits Package
Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Lead Piping Engineer, develops, completes and checks piping systems of complex facilities in conformance with project specifications, standards, codes, procedures, scope of work, design parameters, industry practices, P&IDs, line list, stress information and vendor data. Mentor/train other designers in the use of Intergraph SmartPlant 3D (design/modeling).
Work Schedule: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday, and 8 am – 12 pm Friday.
Responsibilities: (may include but are not limited to)
• Assist engineers with initial design and final design solutions on a project.
• Traing/mentor other designers in the use of Intergraph SmartPlant 3D (design/modeling).
• Conceptualize plans, details and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements.
• Prepares and develops 2D and/ or 3D CAD designs.
• Responsible for checking and back checking computer models and piping drawings
• Ensure compliance with approved design standards, to provide quality design.
• Coordinate vendor supplied drawings or information into project drawings.
• Extract computer piping drawings and isometrics.
• Prepare Bill of Material.
• Draw and update material and stress sketches.
• Communicate and interface with other engineering disciplines.
• Attend CAD model reviews as required.
• Must be able to travel to field project locations with Engineers to make field sketches, take dimensions, walk down systems, etc.
• Proficient in the use of Intergraph SmartPlant 3D (design/modeling).
• Must be able to mentor/train other designers in the use of SmartPlant 3D (design/modeling).
• Proficient in current release of design software (i.e. AutoCAD, CADWorx 3D) and Microsoft Excel.
• Knowledge of industry/ regulatory codes and standards.
• Must be familiar with piping specifications, administrative and technical practices, design instructions, plot plans, flow diagrams and interpreting vendor information.
• Able to conceptualize and draw design details independently with minor instruction from project engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years of piping design experience in heavy industrial environment such as Refining, and Power.
• 5+ years of 3D design experience.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Engineering and Construction industry.
• Ability to read a P&ID.
• Knowledge of pipe support requirements.
• Highly motivated, eager to contribute to the establishment of an effective and efficient design/ drafting team.
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!