- 15-Mar-2013 to 30-Mar-2013 (CST)
- Port Arthur, TX, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: To serve as field engineering liaison between the engineering design and project construction teams, provide design interpretation, provide engineering and project control support and provide subcontract oversight to project construction supervision and craft personnel
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Understand technical drawings and specifications for industrial construction
• Propose economical alternatives to the scope of work
• Comprehend subcontract language, scope, terms and technical requirements
• Understand detailed project schedules including required predecessors and successors to each activity
• Understand quality requirements and industry standards for various construction crafts
• Communications skills in writing and speaking (including technical communications)
• Manage and coordinate both material and human resources
• Oversee the work of junior level field engineers
• Report the daily progress of subcontractors
• Support subcontractors in a manner that adheres to construction/contract schedule
• Facilitate technical approvals by the engineers, coordinate craft production, and release work in a timely manner to meet subcontract and project schedules
• Manage subcontracts (supplier contracts)
• Write subcontracts including the scope of work, work schedule and list of supporting technical documents
• Review bids and assist with selection of subcontractors
• Propose modifications to engineering design and interpreting drawings, specifications and other technical documents for the subcontractors
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Employee Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Understanding of design and engineering of large scale industrial projects
• Knowledge of construction activities including material, equipment, cost and time requirements to perform construction tasks
• Technical engineering and computing knowledge
• Knowledge of codes that apply to industrial construction
• Operate computers (Microsoft applications: Excel, Work and Outlook)
• A degree in engineering or construction management is desired (industrial construction experience in lieu of education is acceptable)
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate object
Tool/Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
• Hard hat
• Safety glasses
• Rain coat or poncho
• Steel toed work boots
Environment: Most work is conducted in a comfortable office environment but exposure to site and weather conditions also occurs. Field construction work is performed outside so exposure to all types of weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold, is common. Personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hats and safety glasses, must be worn in all areas as required. Although the work usually is not considered inherently dangerous, must be careful while performing onsite services.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!