- 16-Apr-2013 to 01-May-2013 (CST)
- Kingsport, TN, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: Installs, erects, reinforce, repairs, and dismantles structural metalwork for various construction activities as well as directing and training ironworker helpers to do the same.
Level Classification: Multi-level designations indicate levels of proficiency, experience, training, education, certification, tenure and resulting compensation
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Length of employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Determine number, sizes, shapes and location of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches or oral directions.
• Sets up hoisting equipment for raising and placing of structural-steel members to desire positions.
• Sets up framework of building by positioning steel girders or other structural elements and then bolting them into place or prepares them for permanent bolding and/or welding.
• Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members.
• Ensure that all reinforcing material is in its proper position so that it receives its intended structural load.
• Read blueprints, drawings or pictures and understand how they would look as solid objects with height, width or depth.
• Visualizes objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
• Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Three (3) years minimum Field experience in trade
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at great heights
• 25' Tape Measure
• 100' Tape Measure
• 12" Adjustable Wrench
• Plum Bobs with 50' line
• Sledge hammer
• 3lb Hammer
• Honing stone to sharpen knife
• Torpedo Level (pocket)
• Shever bar
• 1 5/16" Spud wrench
• Bull pin
• Lineman pliers
• Tool pouch & belt
• Tool Box with Lock
• Rain coat or poncho
• Steel toed work boots
Environment: Construction Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead-based paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances during their work especially when working in confined spaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing. While working in underground construction, Construction Workers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!