- 24-Apr-2013 to 30-Jun-2013 (CST)
- Abilene, TX, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: Support the Project Team(s) by working with engineering, procurement, construction under direction of the Project Manager ensuring all activities related to engineered equipment and materials are being scheduled, performed, tracked, and reported. This includes coordination of the specifying, bidding, approvals, ordering, tracking, expediting, receiving, maintaining, and auxiliaries information. Position is based within the Project Manager group and will require a high level of coordination with procurement activities as well as other departments.
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Ensure project work flows are aligned with corporate procedures.
• Pursue all action necessary to detect and avoid late procurement, vendor drawings, and delivery of equipment and/or bulk materials
• Review supplier production schedules
• Maintain well documented files to accurately present a clear audit trail with regards to supplier engineering, procurement, fabrication, inspection and shipping activities
• Participate in meetings with engineering, procurement, construction and/or major suppliers to monitor progress (scheduled vs. actual) and address areas of concern
• Construct detailed meeting minutes to accurately outline topics discussed, conclusions reached and action items
• Assess order status and assure on-time delivery
• Evaluate supplier performance at order close-out
• Monitor and report engineering, procurement, expediting, suppliers' and subcontractors' activities and deliverables in accordance with the integrated project schedule
• Assure engineering specifications and suppliers' products (documentation and hardware) meet customer, project and commercial requirements
• Perform production status audits at supplier's facilities and project sites when required
• Work with suppliers and other project team members to resolve schedule-related problems quickly, economically and effectively
• Provide inbound shipping information to job site personal relating to anticipated delivery dates, photos of load, rigging requirements to offload the shipment and storage requirements
• Prompt notification to engineering & project management when specifications and/or scope changes adversely impact project schedule
• Report weekly to Project Manager the current status of critical engineered equipment
• Serve as liaison between Corporate Office and Field Procurement
• Negotiate effectively with suppliers in a manner that benefits the company and preserves the vendor relationship
• Work independently and make decisions that benefit the company
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed
• Highly organized and effective planner
• Experience with EPC engineered equipment and bulk material flow from concept to specifications and design, RFQs, Purchase Orders and T&Cs, Expediting, vendor drawings, receiving, tracking, logistics, and turnover documentation.
• Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures and policies
• Sound understanding of accounting and business contract law
• Sound communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external clients
• 5 Years of experience in one or more of the following areas: technical design, quality control, field service, manufacturing, construction, procurement and/or scheduling.
• Proficiency in reading and interpreting drawings and specification data sheets, and terms & conditions.
• Bachelor's degree (technical or business) or equivalent combination of education and related engineering and procurement experience.
• Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office & Sharepoint applications
• Scheduling experience a plus
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate object
Tool/Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
• Hard hat
• Safety glasses
• Rain coat or poncho
• Steel toed work boots
Environment: Most work is conducted in a comfortable office environment but exposure to site and weather conditions also occurs. Field construction work is performed outside so exposure to all types of weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold, is common. Personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hats and safety glasses, must be worn in all areas as required. Although the work usually is not considered inherently dangerous, must be careful while performing onsite services. Some travel may be necessary for purpose of performing shop expediting activities
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!