- 25-Jun-2013 to 07-Oct-2013 (CST)
- Artesia, NM, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping and piping systems and supports, fixtures and equipment for industrial piping systems based on knowledge of system operation and study of building plans or working drawings. This may include carbon steel, stainless steel, chrome and PVC systems as well as directing and training pipefitter helpers to do the same.
Work Schedule: Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Normal work period is Monday-Thursday dayshift while at Manufacturing Facility. Length of employment may be limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (must possess the ability to)
May include but not limited to:
• Assembles component layout by applying knowledge of geometry, physical metal properties and weld shrinkage.
• Performs basic mathematical calculations pertaining to the craft such as rolling offsets, cutback of fittings, and takeout between welds and other fits.
• Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
• Inspect worksites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weaknesses.
• Plan the sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
• Preps material for welding by cutting or grinding using porta-band, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
• Thread pipe using threading machine.
• Secure pipes to structure with bolt up, clamps, brackets, tack welding and hangars using hand tools and machines.
• Basic understanding of rigging to move pipe into proper location.
• Test piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
• Compare and recognize differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
• Reads and understands plans, isometrics, arrangement drawings, details, specifications, erection manuals, and/or blueprints and makes decisions based on measurable criteria.
• Visualizes objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
• Work within precise limits and ASNI and ASME standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Three (3) years minimum experience in trade
• Ability to do material takeoffs, figure offsets, takeoff of fittings, and rigging
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at heights
Required Tool Use
• 25' Tape Measure
• 14" Pipe Wrench
• Combination Wrenches (3/8"-1 1/4")
• 12" Adjustable Wrench
• Tip Cleaner
• Two Hole Pins
• 2 Plum Bobs (min 16oz)
• 2' Squares (2)
• Ball Peen hammer
• 2lb Hammer
• Center Punch
• Center Head
• Fitter Handbook
• Screwdriver (1/m-flat head, 1/m Phillips head)
• Drift Pin or Line up Bar
• 2' Level
• Torpedo Level (pocket)
• Angle Indicator Tool
• Tool Box with Lock
Environment: Manufacturing Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!