- 05-Sep-2013 to 14-Oct-2013 (CST)
- Abilene, TX, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: To lead, mentor and oversee project control services for engineering, procurement, construction and fabrication projects in the US, Canada and India. Responsible for leading corporate controls team to service project planning and scheduling, project cost control setup, progress data collection, validation, measurement of earned value, reporting and control. Accountable for process and procedure refinement, to assure best practice in project controls is well defined and executed. The current state of project control must be rendered transparent to project management to confirm excellence or for immediate improvement and executive attention where significant variance or skill gap exists. Also responsible for rapid improvement to incorporate work packaging, critical chain and other advanced systems of benefit to clients and Lauren.
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week.
Location: Primary location is Abilene, Texas. Project are presently located in the continental US, Canada (Alberta area) and India.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Effectively hire, lead, train and supervise project controls managers (division heads), project control coordinators, cost control specialists/ trend specialists, scheduler/planners, in execution of various project controls services and reporting. Roles are combined on smaller projects
• Establish policies, standards, work process, and training materials to maintain governance/structure for the organization and to establish interfaces with other disciplines and departments.
• Serve in a project review capacity assisting project teams to achieve project objectives.
• Establish operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project managers
• Ensures the department works closely with the lead estimator of each proposal during the bidding/estimating phase of each EPC and major construction project.
• Maintain historical cost/schedule libraries and databases from completed contracts as well as cost indices of material costs for use in the preparation of cost estimates, budgets, activities, sequences and durations.
• Responsible to assure that Project Schedulers develop and maintain schedule for assigned EPC projects.
• Analyze all contract and proposal data, establishing well-defined work activities, and create a comprehensive, properly linked CPM and Critical Chain schedule. And help teams make the transition between critical path and critical chain methodology.
• Understand the flow and logistics needed for the execution of an EPC project.
• Establish standards to organize large amounts of information into a coherent, meaningful hierarchical schedule format
• Establish best practice standards to extract, analyze, and report on meaningful data from automated systems. Ensure project reporting is completed and on time.
• Work within Company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors policies and standards, including but not limited to Human Resources and Safety.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Must possess broad knowledge of project controls concepts and principles and apply them as appropriate based on sound judgment and experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of the flow and logistics needed for the execution of EPC projects from a few $million to $1 Billion.
• Subject matter expert in project controls systems to successfully manage project planning, cash flow, change, cost, schedule, earned value and quality assurance of the same. Understand project planning software, including Primavera, MS Project, Visio and Milestone (for big picture graphic representation).
• 15+ years of formal training combined with field experience.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction, business or related field preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and writing skills. Ability to interface with all levels of people.
• Ability to travel (including internationally) by air or car, to and move around project sites, including climbing on structures as required.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need).
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate object
Tool/Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
• Hard hat
• Safety glasses
• Rain coat or poncho
• Steel toed work boots
Environment: Most work is conducted in a comfortable office environment but exposure to site and weather conditions also occurs. Field construction work is performed outside so exposure to all types of weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold, is common. Personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hats and safety glasses, must be worn in all areas as required. Although the work usually is not considered inherently dangerous, must be careful and adhere to all site safety requirements while performing onsite services.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!