- 01-Jun-2013 to 27-Jul-2013 (CST)
- Irving, TX, USA
- Full Time
Purpose: Provide mechanical design, technical analysis and resolution of engineering problems. Provide direction and coordination of a team of engineers and designers to successfully complete design of large industrial projects in Power, Refining and Petro-Chemical.
Work Schedule: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 8 am – 12:00 pm Friday (minimum).
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Design systems incorporating pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, tanks, piping, instrumentation and controls into the overall facility design.
• Establish design criteria, prepare procurement specifications, evaluate bids, and manage contracts for heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, heaters, boilers, turbines and water treating equipment.
• Design piping and pipe support systems including material selection, B31.1/B31.3/ASME Section I and Section VIII Code calculations, stress analysis, etc is required. Power plant design experience is desirable.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Must possess superior engineering skills and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines.
• Must have an advanced knowledge of mechanical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable Codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with other engineering disciplines, construction project managers, and clients.
• Must have a proven track record of accomplishment as a lead design engineer on industrial projects and be capable of supervising and directing a team of engineers, designers and support personnel.
• 15 years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial design with at least 5 years as a project engineer or group leader. Emphasis on Power is desirable
• Bachelor or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
• Must be licensed as a professional engineer, by exam, in state of residence with the ability to be licensed in multiple states.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Climb stairs
• Sit for long periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Environment: Work usually takes place in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office settings.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)